Data ChaCha is an open community for technology enthusiasts to share interests and knowledge, as well as gain happiness on data processing.
Data ChaCha aims to bring insights to Hybrid transactional/analytical processing (HTAP) for commercial use by discussing algorithms, methodologies, strategies, experiences on open source data systems.
Main topics will cover but not limit to:
- OLTP and OLAP DBMS including both NoSQl and NewSQL types
- Enterprise data processing/managing platforms and applications
- All magics for data processing and analytics
Events in 2017 and early 2018 will be "HTAP DBMS: a fusion of OLAT and OLTP":
- 2017 xx/xx "TiDB on Hacker News: A brief introduction to a China-originated HTAP DBMS"
- 2017 xx/xx "TiDB in Practice: A primary study of use cases and benifits"
- 2017 xx/xx "TiDB insight: A primary study of design and implementation"
TiDB is a distributed HTAP database compatible with MySQL protocol. Find it on GitHub.